Bekhudi Le Gayee Kahan Humko

बेख़ुदी ले गई कहाँ हमको। ( Where senselessness took me?) - Mir Taqi Mir

This Mir Taqi 'Mir' this ghazal is a tale of a loving heart which have lost in love completely. He now don't understand about self, his habits,etc. He is helpless at the hand of his hearts. I am translating this poem here in this post.



बेख़ुदी ले गई कहाँ हम को,
देर से इंतज़ार है अपना।
Bekhudi le gayee kahan humko,
Der se intezaar hai apna.

Where senselessness took me,
I am searching self for a long time.

रोते फिरतें हैं सारी-सारी रात,
अब यही रोज़गार है अपना। 
Rote phirtein hain saari-saari raat,
Ab yahi rozgaar hai apna.

I roam all night crying,
This is my only job now.

दे के दिल हम जो हो गए मजबूर,
इसमें क्या इख्तियार है अपना।  
De ke dil hum jo ho gaye majboor,
Ismein kya iqhtiyaar hai apna.

I am helpless after giving my heart,
What control I have in it.

कुछ नहीं हम मिसाल-ऐ-अनका लेक,
शहर-शहर इश्तहार है अपना। 
Kuch nahin hum misal-e-anka lek,
Shahar-shahar ishtihaar hai apna.

I am nothing but an example of unsaid letter,
Every city has my poster.

जिसको तुम आसमान कहते हो,
सौ दिलों का ग़ुबार है अपना। 
Jisko tum aasmaan kehte ho,
Sau dilon ka ghubaar hai apna.

What you say as sky,
Is frustration of my hundred hearts.

Comments

  1. I specially loved the last line jisko tum asman kehte ho... Thank you for such lovely poetries and shayri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton for sharing this wonderful work of the great poet!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved Mir Taqi Mir's work nice. A G+ for your post and have a Nice day. . . :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raksha Bandhan - Jiski Bahan Nahin Hoti.

Na Muhn Chupa Ke Jiye Hum Na Sar Jhuka Ke Jiye

The Seven Stages Of Love